Friday, September 14, 2007

PART 2:

Speaking of my friends’/family’s babies, I have already finished several presents. Since the first two are due in November (and so size 3 months will fit perfectly) , I decided to make the trousers matching the wrong-sized-Phildar-pullover.


I have the wool I need to make a matching hat and socks.

So far for the other baby, who will be the son of my other half's best friend, I have made this little top from the same Phildar book…




…and these leggings from the Sirdar book called Early Arrivals…




…which, together, look like this:




Just in case knitting a top from one book to go with a bottom part from another book wasn’t eccentric enough, I decided to use yarn that had nothing to do with either of the two brands, and used 100% wool Baby Superwash by Bouton d'Or (at €3.50 per skein instead of the usual €5.95 they were a real bargain). Who said you couldn’t mix and match and… get away with it!

The other thing I bought while we were in France was loads of pretty paper, to decorate cards, boxes and mini suitcases, of course.



I don’t know what I'll knit next- the hat to go with the present for the June baby, a teddy bear to send off with the leggings and cross-over top, the socks and hat to match the pullover and trousers...

However, I do know what I’ll be doing on chilly autumn and winter evenings to come, since between November and early March 9 (yes, I mean it, nine!) friends and family members are due to give birth.
All I can say is thank God (or my wool addiction and lack of self-discipline) that my wool basket is bursting with yarn!

To be continued…

7 comments:

Isa said...

Bueno, no he entendido todo lo que has escrito (para eso debería haber ido a buscar un diccionario), pero casi!

Has tejido mucho en este tiempo. Yo casi he terminado dos proyectos (me falta coser uno) y ahora también me plateo qué hacer.

A ver si nos podemos ver mañana!

betty said...

Hanna!! EStas de vuelta, que bien!! A ver si nos vemos!! Te echo de menos y tengo muchas noticiasssssssssssssss!!!

:)

Mireia said...

Haces unas cosas maravillosas!
Te tengo ya entre mis favoritos!
A ver si me animo y me hago un blog de estos para poder colgar lo q voy tejiendo q es mucho!
Un saludo!

Mireia said...

Ya tengo blog! Por fin!

Ahora sólo me queda hacer fotos e ir actualizando ;o)

MJ said...

Me gusta mucho las cosas que has tricotado y la idea de la maletita me parece buenísima, y creo que te la voy a copiar. Una pregunta sólo, ¿dónde las conseguiste? Gracias

Booteeful said...

Muchas gracias chicas! :-)

mj: la maletita naranja es de Zara Home, pero la compré (bueno, compré dos) en las rebajas, no sé si les quedarán.. las maletitas rosas/grises son de una pequeña tienda en Francia.. Pero voy buscando maletitas por todos lados, así que si encuentro algo te avisaré!

MJ said...

gracias! Yo iré mirando por ahí y si veo algo te digo.