Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Autumn...

Although I really like the autumn, I always think the end of the summer is rather sad. I suppose because, in the same way as the spring announces the arrival of summer, the autumn announces the arrival of winter, and I'm much more of a summer person than a winter person. So, to cheer myself up, I have decided to make a list of the things I don't like about the summer, and the things I do like about the autumn.

Things I DON’T like about the summer:

1) My feet are always dirty (I walk around barefoot/ wearing sandals)
2) Bees, wasps, mosquitoes and the likes
3) It’s often too hot to knit
4) On very hot days my legs stick to my jeans
5) At the start of the summer you tend to try on bikinis looking all white and wintry under the neon lights of changing rooms
6) You are expected to show more flesh- in my case very white flesh which I am not very proud of (especially my legs)!
7) In the afternoons the sun heats my study up for hours and it becomes like an oven; the only options are to lump it or to close the shutters, and I hate working in the dark!
8) It's too hot to sleep with a duvet
9) When at the end of the summer you try to think of the things you don't like about the summer to cheer yourself up, you can only think of 8 things…

Things I LIKE about the autumn:

1) The leaves on the trees change colour, which I love
2) There is something far more special about the sun shining on a real autumn day than on a summer's day
3) You can sleep with a big, thick duvet
4) You can start every morning by drinking a cup of hot coffee under your big, thick duvet
5) It’s cold enough to wear socks so I don't have to wash my feet every night before going to bed
6) Perfect knitting weather, especially when the wind blows, it rains, or better still: there is a dreadful storm outside and you are curled up on the settee inside watching the rain
7) I love the sound of the wind and the rain falling against the window on stormy nights
8) There are no bees, wasps, mosquitoes, etc.
9) No bikinis
10) You can forget your legs are so white they look transparent, and you can nearly (yes, I did say nearly) forget about shaving/waxing them too
11) I make all kinds of thick soups which we eat on cold evenings
12) On rainy days you can lie in bed until 2 pm and not feel guilty about it
13) On rainy days you can spend the entire day in your pyjamas and not feel guilty about it
14) On rainy days you can watch three DVDs one after the other and not feel guilty about it
15) On rainy days you can stuff on chocolate because the bad weather depresses you and... not feel guilty about it! Hurray!

Conclusion: I will avoid making a list of the things I don't like about the autumn, because it could just be longer than the above, but when it comes down to it, having 15 things to look forward to at the start of the autumn isn't bad at all! :-)

5 comments:

Mireia said...

Totalmente de acuerdo en la mayoría de tus comentarios!
Me encanta leerte! Y en inglés! Así practico un poco :o)

Sabes otra cosa q me encanta del ppio del otoño entrar en todas las tiendas, de ropitas, y ver toda la nueva temporada... mmmm! Me chifla!!

Gracias por tus comentarios en mi blog! Animan a seguir tejiendo! Mucho! Ando viciadísima úñtimamente... Durmiendo cero...

Muir said...

I´m thinking about making a list too because I hate hot weather. ;)I´m much of an autumm/winter person than a summer person. I really enjoy spring, though.

Isa said...

Al final lo he entendido casi todo!! No tengo tan mal nivel de inglés como creía! Yupi!

A mí me gsuta el otoño y más todavía el invierno, ¿te vienes a tejer conmigo frente a la chimenea? :)

P.D: La primavera y el verano también me gustan, cada tiempo tiene cosas buenas, pero mi preferido es el invierno, ¿será porque es mi cumpleaños, navidad, reyes...?

Booteeful said...

Isa, por supuesto que vendré a tejer enfrente de tu chimenea, que buena idea, y si puedes organisar que nieva fuera mientras tejemos aún mejor!! ;-)

Isa said...

Creo que no voy a poder decidir que nieve fuera :( Además es difícil que nieve en casa, casi nunca nieva por aquí :(