Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A Little Anecdote

Since my blog has always been half in English, half in Spanish, I have decided that from now on I will write one post in Spanish, followed by one in English! :-)

The only real “news” I have about yesterday is that I went to the Barcelona Knits meeting which, as always, was lots of fun. As far as my knitting was concerned it was rather disastrous; I spent the second half undoing everything I had knit up during the first half, since I talked so much that I forgot some vital decreases right at the beginning of the bit I was working on!

Apart from that Jen and I had a good moan about how underrated translating is, which was nice ;-))) I also told Miquel how on my way to the meeting I had been approached by a man holding a pile of bibles… which made me remember something rather incredible that happened to me about a year ago.

Here I was in our flat one morning, still in pyjamas and listening (ever so slightly loudly) to music (and I promise it wasn’t Bob Marley) when the doorbell rang. I opened the door to find two men standing there, both clutching a bible. One of the men said to me that they had come from the church across the road to talk to me. I very politely (I swear!) thanked them and said I wasn’t interested. However, when I tried to close the door one of them stopped it with his hand, looked at me and said (and for those of you who don't know me I suppose at this point I should add that I have rather long hair): "I can see you are a hippie... but I used to be a drug addict"! He nearly spat the word “hippie” and just managed to stop himself short of adding “too” after “drug addict”… needless to say he left me speechless, and he definitely made it a hell of a lot easier for me to close the door on them after that! Don't get me wrong, I try to respect everything and everyone, but talk about judgemental! Anyways, I thought that was quite a crazy anecdote!

2 comments:

liuia drusilla said...

Espero que no te importe que te comente en español, pero es que no me sale en inglés lo que quiero decir ^^U: ¡qué fuerte!
Lo que hay que ver...

Isa said...

Vaya tela... y es que tiene que haber gente para todo!