Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Gifts...

I have nearly finished the present for our friends' baby (due next week!). With the wool I had left from the little pullover I made a little hat, as you can see on the photos! So the gift set is nearly ready... I wish I could find more of the same wool in BCN, because I would have loved to make matching bootees and mittens... I might make some anyway, but in another colour. You can see the set on my very scary real-size baby doll! ;-)


























I have also nearly finished the scarf (ruffles) for J's sister's birthday... I needed the knitting needles (I only have one pair of UK size 5.5 knitting needles) for the little hat (more urgent!) so I have put the stitches on a stich holder for now... I am beginning to think that it is long enough now anyway... I have another ruffles on my "waiting list" (along with at least two pairs of bootees!) so perhaps I should just get started on that! I bought two 100gr. balls of Sherpa by Katia yesterday for the new one.. I really like the colour.

















We're off to Rome for a romantic weekend on Friday to celebrate our 5th "being together anniversary" so I doubt I will get away with a lot of knitting... but you never know, I might slip some needled in JUST IN CASE! ;-)

5 comments:

Isa said...

Es preciosa la lana de la ruffles.
Que os lo paséis muy bien en Roma! y ¡Feliz aniversario!

betty said...

la ruffles esta genial!!!

cuando pueda, te miro si hay de esta lana en la tienda de al lado de casa!

anna said...

wow, ms knitting machine has been at it again, hey?!?!? ;) you might have seen the updates on my blog, will try to take pics of my knitting tonight to post as well...

speaking of travelling and knitting, have you ever tried bringing needles on a plane? i would imagine metal ones aren't very popular with anti-terrorist laws, but wooden ones?

enjoy roma. it's gorgeous

x

greno said...

Super belle ta Ruffles ! Ca me donne envie d'en refaire une...

Bon week-end à Rome à vous deux !
Hasta pronto !

Silvia said...

No sabía que el motivo del viaje a Roma era la celebración de vuestro aniversario! Qué romántico!! Pasadlo muy muy bien!

Besos!